How do I get started?
- Purchase a single class or a package that best fits your needs and schedule.
- Sign up for a class at a time and studio that works for you (see options below.) When you arrive to your first class, we’ll have you complete a simple form so that we may understand your body and lifestyle, then we’ll get started!
- Arrive about 10-15 minutes early to sign a waiver form and we can help you get set up!
- Have fun and we look forward to seeing you!
Choose from any of our locations.
If I’m a beginner or haven’t worked out in a long time, what class should I start with?
What is DEFINE’s Late Cancel and No Show Policy?
Clients may pre-register for classes TWO WEEKS in advance. A PRE-CLASS REGISTRATION is only valid up until 2 minutes prior to the start of the class, at which point, any client waiting in the studio may enter. A LATE CANCEL occurs when canceling or switching classes WITHIN 12 HOURS of the original class start time. If a reservation is not cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy, you will be charged for that class or workshop. Clients with Auto-Renew and Monthly Memberships who do not cancel in accordance with the cancellation policy will be charged a $15 fee for a Late Cancel / No Show.
If you are a client on our Auto-Renew program and would like to either cancel or pause your membership, all modifications to your Auto-renew must be done in writing by either emailing allendale@DEFINEbody.com or sending a letter to 49 West Allendale Avenue, Allendale, NJ 07401. The front desk staff at DEFINE is not permitted to cancel Auto-Renew memberships. Therefore, verbally telling a front desk staff member is not a sufficient way of canceling or modifying your membership.
What do I do if I am running late?
Please call if you are running a few minutes late and we can reserve a spot for you for BODY, BOUNCE, and BEAT. Late comers will NOT be permitted into REV or YOGA/HAMMOCK class.
What do I need to bring?
BODY – Grip socks required. Bring your own or purchase at our studio.
REV – Cycle sneakers. Bring your own or rent at our studio $3.
YOGA/HAMMOCK – Bring your own yoga mat and hammock. Hammock can be purchased for $50.
BOUNCE – Sneakers or grip socks.
BEAT – Sneakers.
*Towels are not provided during this time. Please bring your own towel.
What do I wear?
COVID Safety & Cleanliness
- Clients will have their temperature checked during check in.
- Covid waivers will need to be filled out.
- Social distancing will be maintained in studio and in classes.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day.
- All equipment after class will be sanitized.
- Masks are worn in studio.
- Limited amenities available. Bathroom is available.
- Lockers, showers, towels, and water dispenser are not available.
- Please limit bringing your personal items into the studio. Personal belongings will go with you to your mat/bike.
body & mind
Why do we need socks?
How often can I take classes?
The DEFINE method is a sustainable approach to exercise. We balance your body with strengthening and stretching so you can take as many classes per week as you see fit. A good goal is 3-5 times a week. The focus on stretching each muscle we work keeps your body flexible and minimizes soreness. The DEFINE mind class is a great compliment to the DEFINE body class as it enhances the stretching and lengthening of the entire body.
Do I still need to do cardio in addition to DEFINE classes?
This depends on your personal goals. While the DEFINE body class is both strength and cardio based, you will not be “huffing and puffing” during the class. Since we spend a large portion of the class on the legs and gluteus, which are the biggest fat burners in your body, you will quickly see and feel those inches dropping even without cardio. If you enjoy a good cardio workout, we recommend supplimenting our body classes with our new revolution classes! (see revolution below for details)
Does this technique replace weight training?
What results can I expect to see and when?
Will any injuries or lack of flexibility prevent me from taking class?
Can I take DEFINE body and DEFINE mind classes if I am pregnant?
What is DEFINE revolution?
DEFINE’s spin on indoor cycling adapts the ultra-effectiveness of DEFINE body to the bike, combining principles of isometrics with cardio blasting high intensity fun. This 45-minute ride incorporates high-energy music with choreographed movements on a stationary bike for a full body workout.